Airship's Relationship with the App
What is Airship?
Airship is the content management system used to control which content is visible to a user in the app and web player. Airship should be used on a desktop computer, ideally with the Chrome, Firefox or Safari web browsers. It is not advisable to use Airship on a mobile device.
Where do I find Airship?
You can find Airship by opening one of the browsers mentioned above and entering the URL: airship.mediafly.com.
Airship vs the App
- AIRSHIP is used for determining what is visible in the apps.
- The APP is used for viewing content on a mobile device.
- Admins mainly use AIRSHIP.
- End-users (Sales reps, marketing folks, etc...) only use the APP
- End-users are able to use AIRSHIP for adding content to 'My Items', which is viewable in the APP
- Admins can see content in AIRSHIP which is not visible in the APPS.
Here is an example of using Airship to determine which content is accessible on users' apps:
Mary is the Airship administrator at Mediafly Widget Factory.
Employees need to review the Video collateral before releasing it to all of the Outside Sales Reps. To facilitate this, Mary provides access to that content to only the Employees group in Airship.
Bob is not an employee He is an outside Sales rep.
In Airship, there is a folder titled 'Admins Only' which is only visible to Mary or any other admin users she provides access. The employees or outside sales reps (like Bob) cannot see the folder or content.
This is an example of how Airship relates to the app and also how an administrator determines what an end-user sees.
For instructions on creating groups and assigning privileges to a user or group, as mentioned in this example, see the Getting Started section.