Creating Groups, Assigning Users and Privileges
Use groups as a way to keep track of users by organization or job function. Allow groups of users to access specific folders or items. We recommend this method so you can add and remove users from the groups and not have to adjust content permissions every time a user is added or removed.
Here is the newly created group with privileges to View Media in Apps, and View Reports. Clicking on the group will allow you to add users and adjust privileges.
Selecting the Privileges button allows you to establish privileges for all of the users in a group.
- View Media in Apps means that members of the group can access content from the Mediafly applications. You will still need to assign your group permission to the content (either by folder or by item) in order for the group to have access to the content in your apps.
- Manage Media means that members of the group will have the ability to add or change content in the system. When assigning the Manage Media privilege, you will have the ability to allow the privilege for all content, or just content that the group is assigned the Edit Content privilege.
- Download Masters allows users with access to download the original (pre-ingested) file
- Manage Access means that members of the group will have the ability to assign access to content in the system. When assigning the Manage Access privilege, you will have the ability to allow the privilege for all content, or just the content that the group is assigned the Manage Access privilege.
- Prerelease Access Allows viewing of content before its release date
- Manage Accounts means that members of the group will have the ability to access the User Management and Group Management capabilities of the system.
- View Reports gives members of the group access to the Mediafly Reporting tools.
For more information on privileges, vist Understanding Color-Coded User Privilege Settings