Assigning Privileges to a User
Establish privileges for individual users following these simple steps. Please refer to the Privileges Overview for more detailed information.
Select a user by either searching for them (3) or clicking on their email (4) in the summary view.
Navigate to the Privileges tab (5) and select the appropriate privileges to assign to that user.
NOTE: If the leftmost checkbox is faded out, then you don't have sufficient permissions to assign that permission to others.
- View Media in Apps means that members of the group can access content from the Mediafly applications. You will still need to assign your group permission to the content (either by folder or by item) in order for the group to have access to the content in your apps.
- Manage Media means that members of the group will have the ability to add or change content in the system. When assigning the Manage Media privilege, you will have the ability to allow the privilege for all content, or just content that the group is assigned the Edit Content privilege.
- Download Masters means that the end user can download the source file from the app.
- Manage Access means that members of the group will have the ability to assign access to content in the system. When assigning the Manage Access privilege, you will have the ability to allow the privilege for all content, or just the content that the group is assigned the Manage Access privilege.
- Prerelease Access means that a given user can see items in the app ahead of their designated release date.
- Manage Accounts means that members of the group will have the ability to access the User Management and Group Management capabilities of the system.
- View Reports gives members of the group access to the Mediafly Reporting tools.
- Manage Site gives the user access to the Environment Settings menu