Creating Groups, Assigning Users and Managing Group Privileges
Use groups as a way to keep track of users by organization or job function and to allow groups of users to access specific folders or items. We recommend you implement groups so that when users get added or removed from them, you do not need to adjust individual content permissions.
Within Airship, click on the Users & Groups tab (1), selecting Group Management (2) from the dropdown.
Pre-existing groups will be displayed in the Group List. If you do not have any pre-existing groups, you will be prompted to create one.
To create a new group, click on the Create Group button (3).
Name your group (required), and provide a brief description if desired. Click Create Group (4) to finalize group creation.
NOTE: If you'd like to create multiple groups at once, check the Create Another box (5).
Begin adding users to the group by searching for their name or email address and selecting the user from the dropdown (6).
To remove a user from the group, click "Remove user from group" (7).
From this screen, you can also create a new group (8).
NOTE: You can add as many users to a group as you'd like, and individual users can belong to multiple groups.
Navigate to the Privileges tab (9) to administer privileges to users within the group. Click Save (10).
- View Media in Apps means that members of the group can access content from the Mediafly applications.
- Manage Media means that members of the group will have the ability to add or change content in the system. When assigning the Manage Media privilege, you will have the ability to allow the privilege for all content, or just content that the group is assigned the Edit Content privilege.
- Download Masters allows users with access to download the original (pre-ingested) file
- Manage Access means that members of the group will have the ability to assign access to content in the system. When assigning the Manage Access privilege, you will have the ability to allow the privilege for all content, or just the content that the group is assigned the Manage Access privilege.
- Prerelease Access allows viewing of content before its release date.
- Manage Accounts means that members of the group will have the ability to access the User Management and Group Management capabilities of the system.
- View Reports gives members of the group access to the Mediafly Reporting tools.
- Manage Site allows users to make changes to environment-wide settings.
For more information on privileges, please vist our Overview of Privileges.