Overview of User/Group Privileges
Different users have the ability to view & edit content, manage access for other users, etc. Below is a guide to the available privileges and how to view them from both a user or group perspective.
NOTE: Privileges can also be assigned at the content or folder level. Please see this related Media Management -> Adjusting Content Visibility article for more information.
Types of Privileges
- View Media in Apps means that members of the group can access content from the Mediafly applications.
- Manage Media means that members of the group will have the ability to add or change content in the system. When assigning the Manage Media privilege, you will have the ability to allow the privilege for all content, or just content that the group is assigned the Edit Content privilege.
- Download Masters allows users with access to download the original (pre-ingested) file
- Manage Access means that members of the group will have the ability to assign access to content in the system. When assigning the Manage Access privilege, you will have the ability to allow the privilege for all content, or just the content that the group is assigned the Manage Access privilege.
- Prerelease Access allows viewing of content before its release date.
- Manage Accounts means that members of the group will have the ability to access the User Management and Group Management capabilities of the system.
- View Reports gives members of the group access to the Mediafly Reporting tools.
- Manage Site allows users to make changes to environment-wide settings.
To view a user's overarching privileges, click on Users & Groups (1), and select User Management (2) from the dropdown. Using filters and/or search if applicable, navigate to the desired user and click on their email address (3).
NOTE: A snapshot of all users' privilege levels is available on the User List summary page. Click the question mark (4) for explanations of the privileges categories.
Navigate to the Privileges tab (5) within a user's profile.
To manage privileges at the group level within Airship, click on Users & Groups (1) and select Group Management (2) from the dropdown. Click on a group name (3) to view that group's privileges. A snapshot of all groups' privilege levels is available on the summary page.
NOTE: A user will inherit permissions from groups they are in, even if they do not have that permission set.
Navigate to the "Privileges" tab (4) to view the level of privileges assigned to that group.